Experience the life, legend, and humor.
- An American Icon
- An Oklahoma Favorite
- A Cherokee Legend
Will Rogers Birthplace Ranch, Oologah
- Experience a living history ranch of the late 1800s.
- Tour Birthplace House built in 1875.
- View the room in which Will Rogers was born.
- Enjoy the beauty of the setting overlooking Lake Oologah.
Will Rogers Memorial Museum, Claremore
- Experience 12 magnificent interactive galleries.
- Enjoy one of his hugely popular motion pictures.
- Listen as he broadcasts hope in the midst of the Depression.
- Marvel at his life and legacy.
- Enjoy his timeless wit and wisdom.
- Both sites open every day, 8:00 to 5:00
- Interpretative guides available
- Step-on guides
- Free parking in large, paved lots
- Group rates available
- Complimentary policies for drivers and escorts
- Group meals available
For more information, contact:
Jacob Krumweide, Tour Coordinator
Experience Northeast Oklahoma’s rich Native American culture, historic buildings, world class museums, local favorite eateries, and legendary American Icons.
Claremore is Oklahoma’s Cast of Legends!
Home of legendary Will Rogers, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Oklahoma!”,
Patti Page, and great Route 66 roadside attractions.
Centrally located and just 20 miles from Tulsa, Claremore’s small town charm and friendly hospitality is the perfect place for your Oklahoma Experience!
Hub & Spoke Tours of Northeast Oklahoma: include Tahlequah, the home of the Cherokee Nation and Cherokee Heritage Center; Bartlesville, home of Oil Baron Frank Phillips & Conoco-Phillips as well as the Price Tower, a building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright; and Miami, home of the Coleman Theatre and the
“Ribbon Road” on Historic Route 66.
Mystery Tours: great for a day trip or multiple days
Industrial and Factory Tours: featuring the Port of Catoosa, a driving tour through the Port with a Step on Guide. Highlight of the Tour is lunch on Tug Boat Charlie.
Northeast Oklahoma’s Historic Route 66: from Tulsa to Miami, see roadside attractions that have become legends
Holiday Tours: including the light display at Rhema Bible College, the Christmas Train at Dry Gulch USA, and the Living Nativity at Shepherd’s Cross
AgriTourism Tours: from wineries, nuts and sweet treats, to great Oklahoma farms
*Group rates available for accommodations, attractions & meals, as well as free Motor Coach parking; Step on Guides available. Complimentary policy for drivers & escorts with area restaurants, attractions, & lodging properties.
• Experience two American Icons: Will Rogers and Historic Route 66
• Belvidere Mansion & Tea Room
• Cherokee Casino Will Rogers Downs, featuring live horse racing & gaming
• Lynn Riggs Memorial Museum, featuring the original “Surrey with a Fringe on Top”
• Historic Downtown features more than 250 Antique & Collectible Dealers, local diners, and historic buildings
• J.M. Davis Arms & Historical Museum, the world’s largest privately owned collection of firearms; great Stein collection and World War I poster collection
• Rogers State University, campus tour including the Oklahoma Military Academy Museum
• Port of Catoosa, home of the furthest-inland port in the United States
Spring & Fall
• Live horseracing at Cherokee Casino Will Rogers Downs
• Destination Claremore: a weeklong event featuring A Taste of Claremore, Western Trading Days; Route 66 celebrations; Boots N BBQ; and Claremore’s Lilac Festival
• 64th Annual Will Rogers Stampede Rodeo
• Discoveryland’s “Oklahoma!”, Tulsa
• Will Rogers & Wiley Post Fly-In
• Gatesway Balloon Festival
• 32nd Annual Bluegrass & Chili Festival
• Route 66 Pecan & Fun Fest
• Pumpkin Patch Tour at Shepherd’s Cross
• Will Rogers Days
• Dickens on the Boulevard
• Christmas at the Belvidere
• Great month for Fall Foliage Tours of Northeast Oklahoma
• Christmas at the Belvidere continues